Children and young people
The Papworth Team takes child protection very seriously and everyone working in an official capacity in the Team or involved with working with children or young people is DBS-checked.
There is a range of activities for young people across the team. For more information about youth activities please see the WCCYM (West Cambridge Christian Youth Ministries) website.
Regular groups and events
- Caxton Discipleship Group - 1st Sunday of the month, venue tbc.
- Crossover - lunchtime group for those at Comberton Village College, with lunch, games, chat and the chance to learn something about God and be encouraged in your Christian journey. Mondays & Thursdays.
- Expresso - Comberton Village College 6th Form Group, Mondays & Wednesdays.
- FAB - Swavesey Village College, Thursday lunchtimes.
- Girls Night In - girls only, years 7-13, 7pm, details tbc.
- IGNITE - WCCYM youth event, Sundays 6.30-8.30pm, Cambourne Church. First slice of pizza and smoothie free, then 50p for extra.
- THIRST - WCCYM youth service, Sundays, 6.30pm-8.30pm, Comberton Baptist Church.
Sunday Schools/Church Children's Groups
Bourn Junior Church - meets 1st Sunday of the month during the 10.30 Holy Communion. Gather in church, then after the first hymn leaders will take children to the adjacent village hall for a time of worship and learning, returning to parents in church in time for communion.
We have links with primary schools in Bourn, Eltisley, Elsworth and Papworth Everard (links will open in new windows). We regularly go into schools to take assemblies and teach local children about the Christian faith, as well as serving on governing bodies.
We also have a link with Comberton Village College (opens in new window) through Susie Thomson and Swavesey Village College.
Lower Pendrill Court
Ermine Street North